Short Story Competition 2016
Following the success of the 2015 inaugural short story competition, we are delighted to reopen the competition for 2016 as part of our 40th anniversary celebrations.
Read the winning stories from 2015 here / Léigh an scéal anseo:
FIRST PRIZE: €400 PLUS a writing course at the Irish Writers Centre and publication in Books Ireland.
- 2nd Prize €200
- 3rd Prize €100
ADJUDICATOR: Vanessa Fox O’Loughlin (founder of writing.ie, literary agent and author)
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2016.
- Pay appropriate entry fee on-line via our parent site wordwellbooks.com/comp or contact email@example.com for more information.
- Entry fee is €10 or €5 for subscribers or members of a writing group (details required).
- A receipt for on-line payment will be automatically emailed to you; please be sure to quote the Order ID in your entry submission.
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org before closing date: 31 August 2016.
- Please send short stories as a word attachment, with a front page stating entrant’s name, address and contact phone number along with story title and word count.
- The maximum number of words allowed is 2,600.
Eligibility: Entry is open to all writers of any nationality writing in English, with no restriction on style or theme. Entries must be original and unpublished work which is not currently submitted for publication nor for any other competition or award. Each entry must be accompanied by a receipt number, name, address plus sub. no. or writer’s group name where appropriate.
Entry Fees: Entry fee is €10 or €5 for subscribers to Books Ireland or members of a creative writing group (subscription number and group name is required). Payment can be made on-line via credit card or PayPal.You can submit more than one entry but each entry must be clearly titled and accompanied by an additional payment.
Manuscripts: Entries should be typed in double spacing, with a front page stating entrant’s name, address, phone number and email address. Please also state story title and word count. Stories cannot be altered or substituted once they have been entered. The maximum number of words allowed is 2,600.
Acknowledgement: Competition entries should be emailed to email@example.com and receipt will be acknowledged by email. For hard copy entries,please contact the office for details: +353-1-2933 568. Entrants retain copyright of their manuscripts.
Competition Judging: The judge’s decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
Any questions or concerns, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 2933568